Before we had adopted Kinsey we had looked into international adoption and the foster care system. We looked into a couple countries and really felt drawn to Ethiopia. We got alot of information from Kingdom Kids Ministries and their African Widows & Orphan Project. We didn't meet the age requirements or the income requirements at the time and felt that was something we want to do in the future. Fast forward to this past summer. Around June I started looking into possibilities for our next adoption. We knew we wanted to be apart of Project Cuddle again but I also wanted to check out other possibilities. I came across a Jamaica adoption program and was really interested! Short wait times, reasonable fees, and it seemed to look fairly easy as far as international goes. That was in June - and the jamaica program was a pilot program. Last month I contacted them again to get an update on the program and things seemed to be going slower than expected so they were no longer accepting new families. Not a biggie because I was fairly certain I wanted to do another domestic adoption or a foster to adopt if the situation arose.
Just for fun I decided to look back at the requirements for Ethiopia and it just snow balled from there. The more I have researched the programs from different agencies the more I know that this is what we will be heading towards. Kyle is funny - today he was like "I thought you want to go with Project Cuddle, or do a foster to adopt" - my response - "Yeah, why cant we do it all?"
Really.... why can't we?
Monday, January 11, 2010
International Adoption
Posted by ..... at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment