CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Monday, January 18, 2010

Its a no go

Our social worker called this afternoon. She said after talking with the international agency they told her that they would be denying us for international adoption. I was pretty much bracing myself for that but it still stung to hear it. Then three hours later the international agency called to let us know... and it hurt again. Its funny how you KNOW what the person it gonna tell you but it still hurts to hear the words. Maybe it was just the way she said it too. I dunno. It hurts.

We have people praying for us - for direction. For closed doors and for open ones.

Our hearts are just so big on adoption... if we can't adopt internationally then hopefully God has bigger plans for us here in the United States. I am excited about what is in store. Maybe its adoption from the system... maybe another domestic adoption. Maybe we will get another Project Cuddle baby! :) Dunno.

Friday we were sent a profile of a six year old little girl who matches our family profile... I just feel like adopting from the system is such a long shot. I dunno why. But I know God will bring the perfect child into our family. And I am excited for that.

Been reading Sacred Parenting. I love it. I love how the author views parenting as such a divine part of our journey on earth. Its not a "how to" on being a better parent but more of how God can use parenting to make us the people he has called us to be. More on that later.

On to see where God is taking us....

0 comments: