We watched Evan Almighty tonight. Since everyone feels like crap we thought a little movie would be fun. Thought Kinsey would like the animals in the movie (she did) and I hadnt heard too many negative things about it. Probably wasnt worth the $4 I spent but ya get what ya pay for. Kyle's favorite part (where he just cracked up) was the nose trimming at the beginning - go figure :)
I try to take something good out of things like that so this is what I came up with.
1. We may think we know what God has planned but we have no clue (yeah i already knew this but it was a nice reminder). In the movie God asks Evan to build an ark for the flood that will come. He gets mocked. People think he's nuts. And on the day God said there would be a flood people wait for rain to prove Evan and God wrong. Turns out it wasn't going to rain to bring a flood - but this housing addition would be flooded because a dam ends up breaking. It destroys all the homes but because Evan did what God asked the were safe on the ark.
2. We have to trust that God knows eactly what he is doing. In the movie God (or Morgan Freeman - who Kinsey kept calling grandpa lol) asked him to do something that didn't make sense. Who builds an ARK just outside of Washington DC? It took alot of faith and alot of guts.
And just when I thought there wasn't going to be a flood, I thought to myself...
Even if there is no flood, maybe God wanted to know that he was willing to obey?
I hope I am always willing. And I hope I follow through.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Movie
Posted by ..... at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment