I have always been one of those people who always thinks that the worse could/will happen. I have learned over the years to let go of this but sometimes the lies of the devil whisper into my ear. Its hard. I have been searching verses in the Bible that talk about faith... and fear. Its been somewhat encouraging.
With all of this adoption talk and plans in the making, I feel the fear rise up. Its silly things mainly. Like... if we adopt from Ethiopia ... what if I die in a plane crash on the way there and I leave my children here without a mother. The thought of leaving my children is emotional for me. I have a better chance of dying in a car crash than that happening.... but don't get me started on that fear lol. I can say that God will protect me if he calls me... but I also know that life happens (within his control) and that doesn't mean he will spare me in that regard. I serve a God that is in complete control. I KNOW that. I also know that Satan knows my weakness and my fears and doesn't want me to follow where I feel God calling. So I am trying to seek after the promises of God.
Isaiah 41:10:
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Joshua 1:8-9 (New International Version)
"Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
1 John 4:17-18 (The Message)
God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we're free of worry on Judgment Day—our standing in the world is identical with Christ's. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life—fear of death, fear of judgment—is one not yet fully formed in love.
1 John 4:18 (New International Version)
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
And one last verse I have been thinking about:
Psalm 37:4 (New International Version)
"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
I don't think that I always delight in my Lord. I need to. I need to seek him. Sometimes I believe that lies I am told and I don't delight myself in my Jesus. I am working on it. Pray for me.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Faith Vs. Fear
Posted by ..... at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment