Just so its clear, I have no intention of trying to guilt people into adopting. I know that if guilt is the reason people adopt then there is a VERY high chance of the adoption being disrupted - which is NOT what I would ever want for a child who has already endured such loss.
It is so hard because there is a need and no one seems to care because its not their "problem" - yes, I have heard people say that its not their problem. Or they see the need and think "how sad" but thats as far as it goes... I am guilty of this myself when I have seen a need...so I don't want it to come across that I was saying "I am better than you because I adopted". There are other ways to make a difference than just adopting.
My frustration comes from knowing how lost these children are without the guidance of a family. I also see the need in children who have families, but are pretty much ignored by their parents and left to raise themselves.
I look in these children's faces and I am heart broken that they don't have someone to love them unconditionally ...
I write to myself as much as I write to others...
Sometimes I think that I don't sacrifice enough to do what I can to make that difference.
Everyone has a gift, a passion that is God given that they can use to make a difference and further His kingdom.
I just want people to care - about the fatherless child, the single mother, the elderly (or not so elderly) widow. I just want people to see them, instead of seeing through them. I just want them to realize that everyone can do something to make a difference.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Just so its clear....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
AMEN sister!!!!
Post a Comment