CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The User...

There is one in most families, but not in every one. There is one in every work place, in every church, on every team. Its hard to miss them....at least I think so.

This isn't a feel good posting... but here I am frustrated out of my mind... so I type. My husband isn't here to vent to and even if he was here - Why would I want him to be frustrated and ruin our time together?? Believe me, this topic is exhausted between us and I am just embarassed that I continue to be surprised by this "user". You all have the choice as to whether or not you will read - so I don't feel quite as bad putting you through it.

Maybe you have a "user" in mind and you can relate. Maybe you don't get to vent about them to anyone because no one else views the "user" the same way you do.

Don't you hate the way people and family enable them??? UGH!

I think the frustation I feel is because I care too much. I care too much about these people in my life and I want them to be who I know they can be. I love them. That is where the hurt comes in. No one likes to be used. . . especially by someone they love. I know they are wrong. I know they treat me like crap.... but I love them.... and thats why they suck. I wish I could care less, but I don't.

I understand that I can't control them. I can't force them to care. They say they do care - but actions speak louder than words, don't they?

Of course boundaries need to be made. If I tell them that they don't deserve to be treated like crap by others, then why should I allow them to treat me like crap? I shouldn't.

Easier said than done....

Despite the pain they inflict on me and on others, I love the "user". But I think I need to mourn the relationship we once had and view this one in a realistic way...

I am angry, frustrated and I just need to admit to God my utter helplessness.

0 comments: