(To view the stories I wrote about - click on the link I inserted that is pink)
This morning at 5:30am as I got up to feed my baby daughter I was reading the news when I am came across a woman in Michigan who abandoned her baby inside a Michigan Hospital...the baby was 2-4 days old. I wanted to read more about the story so I googled it. I came across another story - in January a 17 year old in Indianapolis who left her baby in a towel, in a shoe box on the steps of a porch (it was 14 degrees) with a note saying she couldn't take care of her baby and asking for help. She went to school and told a counselor what happened.... the baby survived but is in critical condition. Another woman in New York - just 25 years old, abandoned her son - wrapped in a blanket in a plastic bag outside a brooklyn apartment in freezin temperatures. He was just hours old... He is being hospitalized in critical condition. In North Dakota a couple weeks ago, a baby is left at a fire station in freezing temperatures. In Texas a couple came home to find a baby on their porch who had been left by a young woman neighbors had seen walking with a baby.
My heart breaks for these babies.... these babies are the lucky ones.... the ones that survive. These instances of baby abandonment were just this last month....
Project Cuddle has some stats that show that 57 babies are abandoned everyday in the United States (these are the reported cases). I believe it. Project Cuddle has a desire to end baby abandonment. They go into schools, they advertise in pregnancy centers, abortion clinics, hospitals, where ever possible to let women know that they have options. Everything can be handled in secret. Alot of the women they help are hiding pregnancies. They will keep their "secret" - they will help women find a home for their baby.
It takes an effort to get things done. Maybe you would like to volunteer to help out Project Cuddle - or donate what little you can. We have been blessed personally by them - that is how our daughter was brought to us. Her first mom was hiding the pregnancy, and Project Cuddle was there to help.
As I hold my daughters, and love them, and see them smile.... I can't imagine leaving them alone... alone in the cold...alone anywhere.....
How heart breaking it must be for these women to leave their children out of fear, or anxiety, or selflessness, or selfishness. To be in labor, to deliver your child... I cannot fathom the strength and the loneliness. As sad as it is that they would leave their baby somewhere - at least they allowed their baby to live... as opposed to what many other women do. I just want to scream - I will take baby - I will love your baby! So many other families would as well....
We need to help get the word out that THERE ARE OPTIONS. You don't have to resort to this.
As I face this sadness - this despair I think of my girls...
I love my girls :)
This morning at 5:30am as I got up to feed my baby daughter I was reading the news when I am came across a woman in Michigan who abandoned her baby inside a Michigan Hospital...the baby was 2-4 days old. I wanted to read more about the story so I googled it. I came across another story - in January a 17 year old in Indianapolis who left her baby in a towel, in a shoe box on the steps of a porch (it was 14 degrees) with a note saying she couldn't take care of her baby and asking for help. She went to school and told a counselor what happened.... the baby survived but is in critical condition. Another woman in New York - just 25 years old, abandoned her son - wrapped in a blanket in a plastic bag outside a brooklyn apartment in freezin temperatures. He was just hours old... He is being hospitalized in critical condition. In North Dakota a couple weeks ago, a baby is left at a fire station in freezing temperatures. In Texas a couple came home to find a baby on their porch who had been left by a young woman neighbors had seen walking with a baby.
My heart breaks for these babies.... these babies are the lucky ones.... the ones that survive. These instances of baby abandonment were just this last month....
Project Cuddle has some stats that show that 57 babies are abandoned everyday in the United States (these are the reported cases). I believe it. Project Cuddle has a desire to end baby abandonment. They go into schools, they advertise in pregnancy centers, abortion clinics, hospitals, where ever possible to let women know that they have options. Everything can be handled in secret. Alot of the women they help are hiding pregnancies. They will keep their "secret" - they will help women find a home for their baby.
It takes an effort to get things done. Maybe you would like to volunteer to help out Project Cuddle - or donate what little you can. We have been blessed personally by them - that is how our daughter was brought to us. Her first mom was hiding the pregnancy, and Project Cuddle was there to help.
As I hold my daughters, and love them, and see them smile.... I can't imagine leaving them alone... alone in the cold...alone anywhere.....
How heart breaking it must be for these women to leave their children out of fear, or anxiety, or selflessness, or selfishness. To be in labor, to deliver your child... I cannot fathom the strength and the loneliness. As sad as it is that they would leave their baby somewhere - at least they allowed their baby to live... as opposed to what many other women do. I just want to scream - I will take baby - I will love your baby! So many other families would as well....
We need to help get the word out that THERE ARE OPTIONS. You don't have to resort to this.
As I face this sadness - this despair I think of my girls...
I love my girls :)
This isn't upside down :)
I took it facing over them - I thought it was cute haha


0 comments:
Post a Comment