CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cali visited the hospital :(

Well we got home from the hospital today, after three nights there, and Cali is doing better :) I was pretty freaked out the first day and a half but after talking with the Doctors they made me feel alot better about everything. Its just so scary not knowing how things work ... especially when I have always heard such terrible things about RSV.

She will need breathing treatments for a while plus a steroid but her oxygen levels were up enough where she could go home. Babies (and children...well anyone for that matter) look so pitiful with the oxygen tubes in their nose :( She had an oxygen tent as well, which was better for when she slept.

We felt so blessed to have such great staff at the hospital who were just so kind. I felt so thankful to God that we live in a country where we have the resources to spot these kinds of things early and treat them.

Thank you for your prayers as you took Cali before Jesus. Cali is still fighting it so of course we would love for you to say a prayer for her :)

Thanks again!

on a side note, one of the nurses I met (almost 30 years old) lost her baby in November in her 6th month of pregnancy and is still trying to cope with her loss. The doctors have no idea why she lost her son and she has fear of getting pregnant again with the same result. She had two perfect pregnancies before with two perfectly healthy babies - so this of course was very unexpected. They would like a big family but she fears the same result. Anyway, please say a prayer for her as she struggles with her loss and faces that pain everyday.

My heart just broke for this girl as she shared her hurt.

1 comments:

happymomof4 said...

My son had rsv last year- right before Christmas. It is definately not any fun and scary!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. (He is doing just fine now:)
God Bless