CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Monday, February 16, 2009

A nice weekend

Well we had a great weekend and got to spend some time with my side of our family. It was pretty packed - homecoming at my very small Christian high school, three basketball games on Saturday, a birthday party, a Valentine's Banquet, church and some visiting with other relatives. :) All in all it was a nice time to spend with everyone and see them with our babies. It's always nice to see our families with our kids.... I think there is something special about seeing our parents love and adore our children - and our kiddos love it as well :) My sister and brother (7 & 9 years old) were especially excited to show off their nieces to all their friends at the homecoming game and their birthday parties. They love to show other kids their pictures and tell them that they are an aunt/uncle. Its adorable. Kinsey loved having 10 little girls chasing her around and wanting to play with her. I was the oldest high school graduated at the homecoming which was a bummer because I had hoped to chat with some friends I don't typically see since we live about an hour and a half away - two hours away. I did get to say some short "hello"'s to a couple people, which was nice. Its been 8 years since I graduated, I can't believe its been that long - but it also feels like another lifetime. Funny how that happens.


Sunday we went to church, had lunch with my family and it was nice enough to spend some time outside. My brothers love to lower the basket a little bit and practice dunking. Last summer there were several dunk contests as they lowered the basket to 9 feet. Its hard to believe but my little brother Jacob who is just 14 years old, can now dunk on the 9 foot rim. Justin (who is 9) can't dunk but he likes his picture taken as he does a jump shot. I enjoy taking pictures of them as they do these fun things :) During the summer my other two brothers loved to participate in the "dunk contest" and get fun pictures taken of them too - and they are 21 and 23 :) I have a feeling once the summer gets nice and they come home from school there will be another one. Especially now that "little" brother Jacob is growing :)

Jacob in mid air :)

0 comments: