I am living the life I have always dreamed of. I am married to the greatest man I have ever encountered. I am a mom to my two beautiful little girls. I am passionate about the unborn and the fatherless. My husband is the man I want my sons to become and my daughters to compare other men to! I believe that life begins at conception and that every life is valuable.
My babies :)
Kinsey
Cali
Daddy's Girl
2nd ADOPTION JOURNEY
Sept. 2009: Homestudy Updated
Dec09-Jan10: Research Ethiopia
Jan 7 2010: We move into our new home!
Jan 8: Homestudy Update visit because we have moved
Jan 12: Not Qualified (Ethiopia)
Jan 15: IAN calls they are working on our "paperwork" to qualify!!
Jan 18: We don't meet the requirements to adopt from Ethiopia. I don't understand why God has closed this door.
Jan 23: CPR, First Aid, BBP Training
Jan 25: Fingerprinting for the homestudy
Feb 5: Inquire about "J" - 10 years old
Feb 9: Worker requests homestudy
Feb 18: Send worker our homestudy for "J"
Feb 22: Send in Rescue Family application to Project Cuddle
Feb 22: Get a call and talk extensively with worker about "J"
Feb 24: J's worker sends our worker ALL of his info
Feb 25: Talk to J's other worker (who he has had for a LONG time)
March 4: Meet with our social worker to go over J's file and evaluations
March 8: Officially say YES to J.
March 18: J's worker tells us they will schedule a meeting for next week between our worker and his to officially "match us" with J !!
March 25: I call to confirm when the matching is & am told that a last minute decision was made to consider another family.
April 1st: TWO friends have children born today through adoption!!!! YAY!!! On boy, one girl :)
April 21: We are NOT J's parents. You know that feeling that its really gonna happen? I hate when that feeling is wrong. But J FINALLY has a family after waiting 6 years!!
May 3: We mail in our application to get put on Indiana agency list
May 8: We are contacted by a friend about a young couple looking for a Christian family for their son
May 9: I talk with M & C on the phone about their son and their hope for his future
June 15: Our son is born!
June 16: We meet our son!
Our First Adoption Journey
*Jan. 2005 : Kyle & I first talk about/decide we want to adopt
*April 2005 : Kyle & I get married
*Jan 2005 - May 2006 : We research foster care & foster to adopt
*September 2006 : We become licensed foster parents with an adoption home study (any race/gender, up to 10 years old)
January 2007 : My mom (a nurse) has a woman at the hospital who has just given birth - wants to place baby. We submit our picture & info - no "match" - she calls an agency
*January 2007 : We hear about Project Cuddle & submit our stuff
*March 25th (?) 2007 : We get the call about expectant mom in CA (Hispanic) - we say YES! Submit our Letter
*March 27th (?) 2007 : We get the call about David - an 11 year old boy (Hispanic) from TX - we are a match!
*March 27th (?) 2007 : We get a call back about expectant mom in CA - We are a match! Do we want to proceed?
*March 28th (?) 2007: We say YES! to both!
*Expectant mom due in three - four weeks
*April 23rd, 2007 : THE CALL! Expectant mom will be induced at midnight! We jump on a plane and are up ALL night!
*April 24, 2007 : Our daughter is born! She is absolutely perfect!
*April 28th, 2007 : She is released from hospital
*May 2nd, 2007 : We fly home to Indiana
*May 25th, 2007 : Match is official, ICPC & Agency paperwork is started for 11 year old boy in TX
*November 9th, 2007: We are told that 11 year old boy is no longer "adoptable"
1 comments:
You have a beautiful blog!
I have recently been following Abby's story also. I'm glad she has so many loving supporters.
I'm also passionate about the unborn and fatherless, so that caught my eye in your profile.
Feel free to drop by my site!
~Elizabeth
sgafsisterlife.webs.com
Post a Comment