I had talked in a previous post about the woman who had eight babies in addition to the six she already had. While I stick by the fact that she should not have aborted any of her babies - I question the wisdom of the fertility doctors who allowed this happen. Now while some - very few - families may be able to pull off this kind of family, I don't this is typically a good idea.
This woman has been described as "obsessed" with having kids by her own mother.
I think the issue is that this woman is 1. a single woman, 2. She already had 6 children that her parents were predominantly taking care of, 3. She used IVF for ALL 14 CHILDREN! Yep, she used a sperm donor for all her kids.
While I don't think what a person makes (financially) should play a role in becoming a parent - I question this woman's ability to provide for her children, afford all the special needs her children will have, and pay for these pregnancies / the IVF. The woman had told a friend that she was being "paid for it". This makes me think that there HAS to be something more to this story that we are not being told.
It seems to me that her motives are selfish for having children.
Anyway, I wanted to say that while each of her children's lives are valuable - it was incredibly irresponsible on her part and her fertility doctor's part.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I eat my words as I hold my baby...
Posted by ..... at 8:02 PM
Labels: 14 children, 8 kids, california, kaiser, octuplets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment