We said yes... but it doesn't mean a whole lot at this point. We met with our worker on March 4th to go over J's paperwork, his evaluations - a whole bunch of stuff about the little man :) Our worker talked to his worker on the 5th and got a little more info on what is next if we decide to pursue it. Turns out there are two other families interested in him. According to his worker, both families have expressed interest but thats about it. They haven't followed up or have taken the next step to find out more extensive info on him. ALSO, according to our worker we are the preference of his worker. So now I have to find out whats next. On Monday the 8th we gave our "official" yes that we want to commit to him. But his worker is now on vacation and won't be back til Monday. I have tried being patient this week.
All this stuff has brought back all the frustration I felt about pursuing David. Here is why: See last week we also got a call about an infant to be born IN OUR STATE with ridiculously low fees. The situation is PERFECT. We wouldn't have to travel out of state or worry about what to do with the girls. Now if we had to flat out choose between J and this baby - we would choose J. No question. But if you remember we got the call about Kinsey and David the same week. David was suposedly the "sure thing" and Kinsey was a chance. We decided to say yes to both and after seven months they were no longer allowing david to leave the state to be adopted. Yes - after SEVEN MONTHS. So now I am at this place again. Worried that one is doomed to fall through and I need to figure out which one. We are saying yes to J. I am praying it doesn't fall through. There are moments I think about it and say "Of course it will work out with J!" and other times I think "Yeah right - been here, done that - it ain't happening!". I think we should pursue both children. The birth mom may not select us anyway. Kyle is undecided. I think he is leaning towards... NO. :) I just need peace. Peace that its outta my control.
I am excited about J becoming part of our family though :) I have made him a photo book about our family (Kyle, Kinsey, Cali and I) and will soon be making him one of all his aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. Then he can have those while we get through all the paperwork. If it becomes offcial that we are matched I want to get visits started right away. Out of state can be tricky - but I am hopeful. J's birthday is in May so I am hoping we can get a visit or two in to him so he can come here for his birthday. Our families are big on birthday parties... I think he would love it :)
We looked into a private school nearby. I am VERY excited about that. Its where I want my boy to go :)
I had his video going the other day... Kinsey watched it like 10 times :) My girls will be sooo excited to have a big brother :)
Okay I have to go! I will update more when I find out next week!
Oh, does anyone know anything about non-recurring adoption expenses?? And how that works?
email me :) kcg8483@hotmail.com
Friday, March 12, 2010
We said yes :)
Posted by ..... at 2:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So exciting! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment