CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April 21st

I tried blogging about this twice and it keeps deleting soooo you get the short version :) Which is all that matters anyway!

Two weeks ago (the 19th?) I spoke with J's worker and she told me the other family was ruled out. That would make the third family interested in him who was ruled out. She said she would talk with the other workers and our worker and schedule a time where they could have a phone conference and do an informal matching of us to him. SWEET! She said no promises but everything looks good and I will call you next week once I talk to everyone! I was pumped. Everything seemed to be falling into place.

Turns out the day after she and I talked it was decided that the most recent family wouldn't be ruled out and that they would try to make it work - allowing them to be part of the matching process. That means we now have to go to commitee. . . they have it twice a month.... the next possible time we can get in is April 21st.

I am fairly certain that the other family will be picked. I know if I was making the decision - I would pick them. (1.) The are a local family. (2.) They are adopting J's foster brother who is very bonded to J (3.) Because they are adopting J's little foster brother they have spent extensive time with J and have sorta bonded with him too (4.) They live in a diverse area - the fact that we don't was something they had talked with us about alot. Wouldn't you pick them??

The reason they were originally ruled out was because the agency only allows one adoption a year so they would have to wait a year to adopt J. Also they have never parented before and they thought two kids would be alot to adjust to and they didn't want to disrupt the younger foster brother's placement. Well they decided to allow it and to give them a chance at J.

Honestly - when they first told me that J had a foster brother who was being adopted who he bonded to I felt really sad for him. I thought how sad that he would have another loss in him life. I don't care that they have no blood connection - they are BROTHERS.

J will finally have his forever home - no matter who his parents end up being. :) I am happy for that.

I cried a little bit - the selfish cry that says I could love him and I thought he was my son. But I am feeling more at peace this time around with adoption. I KNOW God has a plan for us. I KNOW he has chosen adoption for our family and he KNOWS what family he will bring us too.

Maybe its adopting from the foster care system - maybe its another domestic adoption. I really don't know yet. I am definitely anxious to see though! :)

0 comments: