CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

C's tummy

Kinsey loves looking through her baby book. I also made a photo book for her of her story... pictures of her in the hospital ... pictures of her with C after being discharged from the hospital... all with little phrases at the bottom to tell her how special she is and how our she became our daughter. I mention how her first mom wanted a mommy and daddy for her... how they loved her but couldn't take care of her the way they wanted. How she was loved. How they loved holding her and thought she was so beautiful.

When C held her for the first time she wouldn't stop looking at her. She was so gentle and motherly - even at 14. I am sure she was in awe. In awe of the fact that she created this beautiful girl.

I remember trying to capture every look with my camera. Trying to capture the love in the way she held her.

Kinsey knows their (first mom and first grandma) names and often reads out loud her photo book. I love it. I love hearing her say things like "R & C loved me so much. I was in the hospital" its beautiful. Today she brought me C's ultra sound pictures and said "C's tummy!" - yep baby girl... that YOU in C's tummy. "YAY! Thats me in C's tummy!!" She doesn't get IT now. But she knows. While she was reading the book the other day Kyle said something about "I wonder if she will be sad when she finally understands what it means". I don't know if she will. Maybe. I just hope she lets me hold her while she cries if those tears are ever over that.

0 comments: