Sunday we spent the day home and with Kyle's side of our family instead of visiting my parents and grandparents. We went to our church (Fairview Missionary Church) and was able to watch the musical presentation. I have seen numerous presentations of the gospel and the Easter story but I still tend to get emotional when I see them. Its overwhelming to be reminded of God's love and what he did for us.
This musical had several stories of Jesus - like some of the miracles that he did. These short representations really effected me. I mean - really effected me. I started crying right there. As Christians, we are supposed to represent him. We are supposed to be his hands and touch those around us.
I saw "Jesus" reach out and touch the untouchables. I saw Jesus heal a young boy who had a demon inside of him. I saw Jesus heal a girl who was sick. I saw Jesus raise a child from the grave. I saw him do, what others didn't believe possible. I saw the "looks" that people gave Jesus when he chose to touch and heal a woman when everyone else thought it was a bad idea. I saw Jesus, and I wept. I want to be like that - like him. I want to love others - despite the "looks" or the "advice" of others. I want to take action. I want to be the difference.
Jesus loved the ugly, the deformed, the disabled - because he didn't see that. He saw his children. He saw the people that he created. And he loved them - alot. He died for them.
I want to be like that.
Monday, April 13, 2009
I want to be like that
Posted by ..... at 11:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment