Looking back - I should have just not worried about it - if they cry ... they cry... deal with it people! I had more of that attitude on the way home - which was two 2 1/2 hour flights - a much better way to go! But they were great on those flights too.
Both of the flights home had quite a few babies/kids who cried or fussed most of the way, so I was surprised my babies didn't - considering Kinsey is a sympathy crier (is that a word?). We had been saving the DVD player for an "emergency" and didn't need it until the second flight on the way back home. Veggie Tales can always make things better.
Or as Kinsey calls is "Bobby" - you know - a mix of Bob & Larry...
I had high expectations for this trip and it met every one of my expectations. Of course nothing went as I had "planned" - but it all worked out in the end.
We were able to visit with my aunt and uncle for the first two days (we stayed at their guest house for the duration of the trip), which was a treat.

We stayed at their guest house when we went to get Kinsey (when she was born), and I have only seen them one other time since her birth.
I love seeing them and spending time with them - they are just alot of fun. While visiting with them we went to
so we didn't get much time with them.
Kyle got to take a ride and then drive my uncle's ferrari :)
We were able to go to church with my friend Jenna on Sunday - she is always so much fun to be around! We met while both attending Indiana Wesleyan University and she moved to California just three years ago - she is working at a church there: Skyline Wesleyan Church . Kyle and I really enjoyed the service and you could feel God present. It was refreshing to be in a place with people of a variety of races worshiping God together. While at the service they shared how "next Sunday" Mike Huckabee would be there to share! Seriously? We would have planned our flights around that had we known. :) I would have enjoyed hearing him speak.
We spent some time walking around Coronado Island with Jenna after church and went to a Mexican restaurant called Miguel's. It was a beautiful day - and a fun time with Jenna :) Oh! And I found out that she loves The Bonnie Hunt Show & The Biggest Loser! Those are “my shows”. So we laughed and had a good time sharing funny stories about random things like that.
(I will add more in a bit - but babies are awake and I need to make some breakfast!



0 comments:
Post a Comment