I am still breastfeeding Cali. Not gonna lie - all this time I have had the goal of breastfeeding until we adopted our next child in the case that if it were a baby we were to adopt that I could breastfeed the next one. I plan to breastfeed Cali til April - she will be 18 months and we will be through winter. Since we are now looking at adopting from the system its not looking too likely that we will be adopting a baby for child #3. Kyle had wanted Cali to be completely off my breast before the next baby - but keeping her on was the whole point :) He knows this. . . he told me last night he doesn't want to "mess up" my "dream" LOL. We also talked about the pros and cons. Big pro for bottle feeding Kinsey was that he was a very active part in everything. He got up in the middle of the night and we did it together. With Cali he was useless. He said he liked being a part of it with Kinsey. I have never had to pump while breastfeeding Cali. That statement right there should let you know that means I have never spent more than a couple hours away from her for the last 16 months. I didn't really mind that much :)
I am kinda sad about not being able to breastfeed the next one. Now I was also prepared to ditch that idea if our next child's first mom wasn't comfortable with it. I would never want to upset her just to breastfeed. So it was always kind of a maybe. But now I need to get Cali slowly off. She is attached. Can't blame her :)
Sooo unless some crazy stuff happens and we decide to go through Project Cuddle again, and somehow get picked again... well... we will see how life goes :)
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Adoption & Breastfeeding
Posted by ..... at 6:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment