CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Host an orphan!

I received this email and wanted to pass it along to you all!!!

"
Dear friends and families,

I am once again asking for your help - my last plea did get one little boy a family but there are 8 boys in urgent need of a host family. Many times we see pleas like this and figure that someone else will do it - but I need for YOU to consider helping out these children. Can you imagine living in a world with out knowing someone loves you?

For those of you who have children - adoption is NOT just about infertility. Adoption is about giving a child the family they need and the love they don't have. If you do have children - think about them. What would you want for them if something happened to you? Would you want them to become forgotten? For Christian families - adoption is the very thing that God offered us. I love the quote by John Piper that adoption is the visible gospel.

For those of you who may be facing infertility - you may have never considered an older child. I will tell you from experience that these children have so much love to give and they still need to have parents and most of all love.

These boys will be made to leave the orphanage in the next few years - 70% of them will turn to crime, 15% of them will commit suicide within the first year of leaving and the possibility if them making it past age 23 is grim.

I have 8 boys coming to Indianapolis area on June 12 - July 4. In the past three years that we have had children come, it has always bothered me that boys are so hard to find families for. 90% of adoptive parents want to adopt girls. The boys below are beautiful and precious and deserving of a family. Photos are attached!

Hosting is the best way to "try on " adoption (not the children). It will allow you to see what kind of children are in the orphanage, how normal they are, how incredible they are - you can't help but fall in love with these children. I fall deeper in love with every group - after meeting them I am passionate about helping them because they are REAL not just some orphan I have heard about. Has God been speaking to your heart? For me, it was a call I HAD to answer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dima (travelling) and Jenya (not travelling) are two precious brothers needing a place to stay. Dima is 8yo, calm, very smart and kind. Jenya is 6yo and is full of energy, very bright and his eyes sparkle with personality.


Vitaliy is a 11yo boy who is very bright, loves to draw, can read english, and is a good friend to all the children. He has a younger brother Artyom that is 5yo.

Bogdan is a 10yo boy with asian features that has a younger sister that is 6yo (not travelling). He is very hardworking and loves to draw. He will most likely NOT be chosen by a Ukrainian family because of his ethnicity.

Misha is a 6yo boy that has the bluest sparkling eyes - he is adorable, inquisitive and very sweet.

Oleksiy is 10yo - serious boy, kind, tidy, stable. Good in completing tasks.

Artem is 8yo - he has alot of personality - loves to sing, likes to play with other kids, likes to be a leader, likes to read.

Vova is 9 yo boy that is kind and has many friends. He has a smile that you can't help but smile back.

Artem who is 11yo and has a younger brother who is 6yo. He is a bit quiet and reserved, calm, stable. Good friend.

Please pass this on to all your friends, families, church, and co-workers. We want very much to find a family who will be interested in adopting or be willing to advocate for them. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

-- Blessings,Lydia Tarr Ukraine Program Director and Hosting Coordinator Russian Program DirectorMLJ Adoptions 317-332-9411 www.MLJadoptions.com

"Adoption is the visible gospel." John Piper

"We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands." Kristi Larson

1 comments:

Ryan and Ann Schlenner said...

Hi! I know I'm a year late...but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to start a host an orphan program in my community. I KNOW of families who would love to open their hearts to adopt a child. Please pass on info!
Ann

annschlenner@yahoo.com or www.adoptionbabyschlennerblogger.com