CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Friday, September 4, 2009

I am ready









You know its funny how people think. Okay - I mean its funny how I think :)

I think in terms of children and adoption... as in how many...

For example, when I see the cost of something I think "How many children could I adopt with that". Or... you know, I could feed a kid in Africa for a month with what that would cost me. But usually its - "I could adopt a kid with that".

To say that I think about adoption...all the time... would be an understatement. For real.

ALL - THE - TIME.

You know, we could have a nice, perfect, average family with our two kids. I love my kiddos. They are my dreams fulfilled. I don't want to be one of those people who are living a comfortable life. I want to stretch a little bit. My life is perfect. I have everything I have ever wanted. I am ready - ready for another one. Ready to add to our family. We want a few more kids.
It makes me sad that people can be so negative about that -- having a large family. Or... just adoption in general. Its like you are weird if you want to adopt. Or you want a few kids. I am the oldest of eight kids and I loved it. I love having so many siblings. My youngest sister is 7.
AND I LOVE IT!
I would love to have eight kids.
I often question my ability.
I know if God calls me to it then he will equip me.

Kyle and I talk about adoption and adding to our family often. The big WHEN? We don't know the details... but we know God will take care of those. I love how he has put this passion for adoption in OUR hearts. . . the both of us. My husband is just amazing. I love his heart.

We have our paperwork finished. Home study updated every year. A child could potentially be placed in our home this minute. I am ready. I don't know how it will happen - but it will. We are planning on adopting after Cali turns 1 year old. Thats at the end of October. My baby will be a year old! Can you believe it? I can't. Seems like yesterday I was anticipating her birth.

Anyway - so we would like her to be a year old. Of course it could be longer. Only God knows when our newest family member will come. Also - we both have to be ready. To know that its right. To know that God is leading us. I trust my husband - I trust his judgement. Anyway - I am excited about what is to come. I love my girls - they are my world. We are so blessed to be a part of their lives. They will be great big sisters to our next addition. :)

1 comments:

Anita said...

I can't believe how big your babies are getting so quickly! They are both just as adorable as they can be!