CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I will make you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here we go!



I am putting one of these together to help keep track of our adoption earnings. When we adopted Kinsey we weren't prepared and we didn't attempt to save in advance. We didn't even think that would be the way we would adopt. Because of that we took out a loan and paid for our adoption like that. Well, with recently purchasing a home we are trying to get "adoption money" set aside to be more prepared.

Adoption has become a big business. Adoptions are incredibly exspensive. People are making a killing and its one of those things that really gets me mad. We are going to be VERY particular in who we work with and we want to keep all of our exspenses around $10,000 (which is LOW compared to most). Of course then you have travel and finalization exspenses but we are hoping to raise as much of it as possible.

Unfortunately we will not benefit from the adoption tax credit. This is something else that REALLY gets to me. We have talked to two tax people and I guess we don't make enough money. But hey - again - its a faith thing. We know God will provide.

I am excited though - I am going to open a seperate checking for our adoption exspenses so cash I get here and there I can put into it. You know every little bit adds up :)

We are SO excited to be starting this crazy journey again .... a little nervous too. Its such an emotional rollar coaster. But its WORTH IT. Worth every dime. Worth every tear.

We really believe that we are called to adopt. We believe that God calls us to be open to these women and babies. Open to take a child in when a woman feels she can't parent but has dreams for that beautiful baby she carries.

We are hoping to adopt a child... the race doesn't matter... the gender doesn't matter... we are just excited about adding a child to our family. :) We have our home study complete. We would like to "technically" be on a list after we get moved into our new home. That means its coming up fast.

We will be sending our stuff into Project Cuddle... and possibly a couple other places. We will see where God takes us. Its crazy... our family may look exactly the same this time next year... or ...we may have another little family member :)

Thanks for all of your support. I can't wait to update you on how things go - the good, the bad and the scary. :)

1 comments:

Created For His Glory said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!!!